Spread the WordUse content below to share the contest
Thanks for helping us spread the word about the Solar Video Contest! Below is some basic content that should be handy. Don’t be afraid to write your own and tweak as needed for your audiences. If you need anything else or have questions, contact Dan Thiede at 612-626-0556 or email@example.com.
Oct 11-17: Vote for your faves to pick $1,000 #Solar Video Contest winner by Oct 17! contests.mncerts.org/submit-and-vote via @MNCERTs @mn_seia
For the Facebooks
Oct 11-17: Vote for your faves to pick winners for the Minnesota Solar Video Contest by Oct 17 at http://contests.mncerts.org/submit-and-vote
Video, Images & Factsheet
Click on the video and images below to open them and save them to your computer.
General copy for newsletters, website, etc.
Take part in the Solar Video Contest to tell Minnesotans why we live in a great state for solar energy!
How does the contest work? Submit solar videos by Oct. 10 and vote for your faves Oct. 11-17. Videos with the most public votes win: $1,000 for 1st, $600 for 2nd, and $400 for 3rd. Awards presented Oct. 22 at MnSEIA Annual Conference!
Learn more, submit videos, and vote at http://contests.mncerts.org
What could people learn through these videos?
- Minnesota has good solar resources
- Solar is part of our energy future
- Solar supports the economy and jobs
- Solar is secure and independent
- Solar tech is ready for prime time
- Solar energy is cost competitive
- Broad deployment is possible
- Everyone can have access to solar
Looking for inspiration? Here are some ideas…
- Original song or music video
- Story about local solar project
- Time lapse video of an installation
- Anything else you can dream up!
Who is behind the Solar Video Contest?
- The Clean Energy Resource Teams—or CERTs—are a statewide partnership with a shared mission to connect individuals and their communities to the resources they need to identify and implement community-based clean energy projects.
- The Minnesota Solar Energy Industries Association (MnSEIA) represents and serves Minnesota energy professionals and solar energy users, with a membership comprised of over 100 organizations involved in photovoltaic and solar thermal energy.