Spread the WordUse content below to share the contest
Thanks for helping us spread the word about the Solar Video Contest! Below is some basic content that should be handy. Don’t be afraid to write your own and tweak as needed for your audiences. If you need anything else or have questions, contact Dan Thiede at 612-626-0556 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You be the judge! Watch videos about #solar in MN & #vote for your faves by midnight Nov 8 to choose a $1,000 grand prize winner in the @MNCERTs @mn_seia contest! http://contests.mncerts.org/submit-and-vote
Do your civic duty! #VOTE for your favorites in the @MNCERTs @mn_seia #Solar Video Contest until midnight on Thu 11/8 to choose the $1,000 grand prize! http://contests.mncerts.org/submit-and-vote #GOTV
For the Facebooks
You be the judge! Watch videos about #solar in MN & #vote for your faves by midnight Nov 8 to choose a $1,000 grand prize winner in the Clean Energy Resource Teams and Mn Seia – Solar Energy Industry Association Gateway Solar Video Contest! http://contests.mncerts.org/submit-and-vote
Do your civic duty! #VOTE for your favorites in the CERTs & MnSEIA #Solar Video Contest until midnight on Thu 11/8 to choose the $1,000 grand prize! http://contests.mncerts.org/submit-and-vote #GOTV
Video, Images & Factsheet
Click on the video and images below to open them and save them to your computer.
General copy for newsletters, website, etc.
Take part in the Solar Video Contest to tell Minnesotans why we live in a great state for solar energy!
How does the contest work? Submit up to 3 videos by Nov. 1 and vote for your faves Nov. 2-8 at http://contests.mncerts.org. Videos with the most public votes win: $1,000 for 1st, $300 for 2nd, and $200 for 3rd. Winners announced Nov. 13 at MnSEIA Conference.
Learn more, submit videos, and vote at http://contests.mncerts.org
What could people learn through these videos?
- Minnesota has good solar resources
- Solar is part of our energy future
- Solar supports the economy and jobs
- Solar is secure and independent
- Solar tech is ready for prime time
- Solar energy is cost competitive
- Broad deployment is possible
- Everyone can have access to solar
Looking for inspiration? Here are some ideas…
- Original song or music video
- Story about local solar project
- Time lapse video of an installation
- Anything else you can dream up!
Who is behind the Solar Video Contest?
- The Clean Energy Resource Teams—or CERTs—are a statewide partnership with a shared mission to connect individuals and their communities to the resources they need to identify and implement community-based clean energy projects.
- The Minnesota Solar Energy Industries Association (MnSEIA) represents and serves Minnesota energy professionals and solar energy users, with a membership comprised of over 100 organizations involved in photovoltaic and solar thermal energy.