CERTs & MnSEIA Solar Video ContestSubmit solar videos by Oct. 10 and vote for your faves Oct. 11-17. Videos with the most public votes win: $1,000 for 1st, $600 for 2nd, and $400 for 3rd. Awards presented Oct. 22 at MnSEIA Annual Conference!
Contest Rules & Prizes
- Video Requirements
- Contest Timeline
- Video Submissions
- Public Voting
- Winning and Prizes
- Some ideas to get you started
- Tutorials from YouTube for creating great videos
- Length: Your video must be between 30 seconds and 10 minutes to qualify, but we recommend videos shorter than 3 minutes (the more concise, the better)!
- Tone: We’ve found that keeping things positive, upbeat, and even funny is the best way to help people learn while also engaging and entertaining them. Keep this in mind as you’re thinking about what to do.
- Message: We’re hoping that you can educate people about solar energy in some way. Here are a few messages that could work:
- Minnesota has good solar resources
- Solar is part of our energy future
- Solar supports the economy and jobs
- Solar is secure and independent
- Solar tech is ready for prime time
- Solar energy is cost competitive
- Broad deployment is possible
- Everyone can have access to solar
- Learn more: At the end of your video we strongly encourage you to direct people to: "Visit mncerts.org/solar to learn more about solar." Please also say in your video description on YouTube or Vimeo that the video is part of the Solar Video Contest (we'll send specific text after your video is approved).
- Copyright: All material should be your own, original material. Follow YouTube copyright guidelines.
- Keep it clean: Videos containing obscene language or content will be disqualified
- MN residents: Must be a Minnesota resident to make and submit video(s).
- Begin: Wed 8/15/19 at 12:00 am Central
- End: Thu 10/10/19 at 11:59 pm Central
- Begins: Fri 10/11/19 at 12:00 am Central
- Ends: Thu 10/17/19 at 11:59 pm Central
- Awards: Tue 10/22/19 at MnSEIA Midwest Gateway to Solar Conference Awards Ceremony
- Participants: Must be a Minnesota resident or organization with a Minnesota address to participate. CERTs and MnSEIA staff and members of their households may not participate. By submitting video(s) you acknowledge that you have permission from all individuals featured in the video to be included.
- Uploading videos: Videos must be uploaded to YouTube.com or Vimeo.com and then submitted to the contest using the video URL. Videos must be public and must remain active on the user's account until (at least) December 31, 2023. Learn more about how to upload to YouTube or how to upload to Vimeo.
- Submission: Videos must be submitted using the website form here. Once they are found to meet contest requirements, they will be posted to the website at the Submit and Vote page.
- Timing: Submissions will be accepted between Wednesday 8/15/19 at 12:00am Central through Thursday 10/10/19 at 11:59pm Central.
- Number of Submissions: Each person can submit up to three (3) videos to the contest.
- Participants: Anyone in the United States can vote. So if you submit video(s) plan to spread the word to everyone in the country you know!
- Number of Votes: Each person will be able to vote for as many videos as they choose, but can only vote once for each video.
- Timing: Public voting will take place between Friday 10/11/19 at 12:00am Central and Thursday 10/17/19 at 11:59pm Central.
- Determining winners: The videos with the most public votes will win.
- Prize amounts:
- 1st Place: $1,000
- 2nd Place: $600
- 3rd Place: $400
- Awards ceremony: Winning videos will receive free admission to the MnSEIA Midwest Gateway to Solar Conference on Tue 10/22/19 for the awards ceremony. The top three videos will be shown to everyone in attendance and checks will be given out to the winners. If winner(s) cannot attend then their check will be mailed to them.
- Original song or music video
- Story about local solar project
- Time lapse video of an installation
- Anything else you can dream up!
- See the last three years of entries
You can direct questions not covered here to Dan Thiede, CERTs Communications Director, at email@example.com.
How does the contest work?
Submit up to 3 solar videos by Oct. 10
Awards given Oct. 22 at MnSEIA Conference
Contact Dan Thiede with the Clean Energy Resource Teams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spread the Word!